Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Well, here it is... my first post! I'm Sheila, and I am a Media Studies, Journalism, and Digital Arts major and Political Science minor at St. Michael's College in Vermont. I absolutely love my classes and I am really passionate about everything that I have been learning. From social media to investigative reporting, I am learning  the skills that I need from some of the best and brightest professors in the field. I'm from Poughkeepsie, New York which is about four and a half hours from St. Mike's. I have a younger sister, Maggie, who will be a freshman here in the fall. I guess you could say that my family has a lot of love for St. Michael's!

My blog's mission is to document my experiences here in Vermont, and to reflect upon what I am learning in my classes. I am currently halfway through my spring semester of my sophomore year, and I am taking four classes: Social Media Theory and Practice, Advanced Writing for Media, International Relations, and Global Communications. It's been a tough semester but I've had some pretty awesome experiences to show for it. I've been meaning to set up a blog sooner, since I always wanted to blog for St. Mike's, but I guess it's better late than never! My social media class is creating blogs to post some of our experiences and assignments, but maybe I can keep it up after the semester ends.

That's all for the moment, but I'll be posting more in the near future!

-Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment